Table of Contents:
4. Expansion of Suffrage
5. Elimination or Flattening of Hierarchies
6. Global Confederation of Sovereign Nations
7. Universal Access to Due Process
8. Abolition of Torture, Unfair or Cruel Imprisonment, and the Death Penalty
10. Enhancement of Civilization
11. Respect for History
12. Regulation of Capitalism
13. Redistribution of Wealth
14. Elimination of Poverty
15. Public Ownership, Management, and Funding of Essential Services
16. Recognition of All People’s Natural Human Rights
17. Outlawing Conscription
18. Dismantling of Religious Hegemony and Elimination of Theocracy
19. Stewardship of the Environment
20. Universal Health Care
21. Decriminalization of Marijuana
22. Ownership of One’s Own Body
23. Immanuel Kant’s Categorical Imperative
|"If religion were secure in the truth of its content,
then it would not be afraid to set its content out as
an equal competitor in the marketplace of ideas."
|Shipping is free in the United States for this handy
paperback, A Socialist Manifesto, when you pay by
check. Only $6.95 prepaid. Please send check to:
108 Deborah Lane
North Syracuse, NY 13212-1931
New York State residents please add 8% sales tax.
Libraries and other institutions may elect to be invoiced.
|A Socialist Manifesto
by Eric v.d. Luft
"a plan for the post-Bush world"
|"Foreign military adventurism should become as
repugnant in the general public opinion as the
analogous idea of forcing our way into our neighbor’s
home in an otherwise peaceful residential area and
dictating how that neighbor ought to live."
"Luft’s conception of socialism is far distant from
the socialism of the gulag and the secret police; it
is a socialism that free people of good will could
actually live with and flourish under, and it would
certainly be a kinder, more just, and more
inspiring social order than we have presently.
This original and thoughtful, albeit problematic,
contribution to the discussion of socialism is well
worth the attention of serious readers.
Recommended for high school, public, and
-- David S. Pena in Counterpoise, vol. 12, no. 3,
Summer 2008, pp. 27-28.
|ISBN 978-1-933237-07-7 (paperback), $6.95
ISBN 978-1-933237-08-4 (Kindle and PDF e-books), $3.95
ISBN 978-1-933237-54-1 (EPUB e-book), $2.99