|Praise for the 4th edition (2012):
"... a must-read for the individual
who has accepted the responsibility
to direct a clinical clerkship for a
|ISBN 978-1-62130-727-3 (paperback), $59.95
ISBN 978-1-62130-728-0 (Kindle e-book), $24.99
ISBN 978-1-62130-765-5 (EPUB e-book), $24.99
ISBN 978-1-62130-729-7 (PDF e-book), $24.95
Gary L. Beck Dallaghan, Ph.D.
Holli A. Horak, M.D.
Lyuba Konopasek, M.D.
Cynthia Ledford, M.D.
David E. Manthey, M.D.
Jaisa S. Olasky, M.D.
David Power, M.B.B.S., M.P.H.
Archana Pradhan, M.D., M.P.H.
Nutan A. Vaidya, M.D.
Table of Contents
1. The Role of the Clerkship Director
2. Day-to-Day Management of a Clerkship
3. Vital Roles the Clerkship Administrator Plays in Medical Student Education
4. Directing a Clerkship Over Geographically Separate Sites
5. Medical Student Wellness in the Clerkship Year
6. The Clerkship Orientation
7. Creating a Clerkship Curriculum
8. Integrating Foundational Sciences in a Clerkship Curriculum
9. Instructional Methods and Strategies
10. Clinical Reasoning
11. Technology and the Clerkship Director
12. Simulation in Medical Education
13. Remediation for Struggling Clerkship Learners
14. Nurturing Medical Professionalism
15. Developing Ethical Physicians
16. Interprofessional Education
17. Assessment and Grading of Medical Students
18. Evaluation of Clerkship Teachers
19. Evaluating the Clerkship
20. The Clerkship Director's Practical Guide to Faculty Development
21. Developing Residents as Teachers
22. Career Development for Clinician Educators
23. Education Scholarship: A Primer for Clinical Educators
24. The Current State of Pre-Clerkship Clinical Skills Courses in the U.S.
25. Advising and Mentoring Medical Students
26. Longitudinal Medical Student Education
27. Continuum of Learning: Teaching Lifelong Learning Skills
28. The Clerkship Director and the Accreditation Process
29. Basic Legal Issues and Considerations for Clerkship Directors
30. The Fourth-Year Subinternship / Acting Internship
31. Health Systems Science for Clerkship Directors
32. Using Quality Improvement Concepts to Improve Educational Curricula